Top-events identification of a plant is usually carried on as:
- The first step of a Plant Safety Review, followed by likelihood analysis, consequences calculation and risk evaluation and mitigation
- The first step of a Safety Integrity Level assessment
- The first step in the development of a Plant Emergency Plan
Top-events identification, to be exhaustive, has to be carried on using a collection of techniques each one best tailored for different kind of plants and/or part of them. Eidos uses the following techniques:
- HazOp analysis using IEC 61882
- FMEA/FMECA/DFMEA/PFMEA analysis
- Case history analysis using International Databases
- Random rupture using proprietary methods
Other methods (What If, Check List, etc.) when available and/or requested.
Each of the aforementioned techniques best suites different kind of units, Eidos experience can advice the customer on the best mix for each unit/equipment (p.e. FMECA analysis is better suited for the study of the mechanical side of a compressor than HazOp, but became cumbersome when applied to a distillation column).
The recording of the HazOp sessions is done using HazOp+ software from Isograph Ltd.
The recording of the FMEA sessions is done using XFMEA software from Reliasoft.
Eidos strongly believes in doing Top-events identification at the customer’s premises to collect the maximum amount of information with the minimum effort on the customer side.
We know: the time of our customer is precious and always scarce!
If you are looking for Top-events identification related to a: