Eidos has experience in evaluating workers safety. Eidos develops studies for:
- Direct employed workers
- Third party workers operating inside your site
- Workers (directly and indirectly hired) during turnaround time
Eidos has developed its own methodology to evaluate related risks:
- Identification of risks. Our method starts doing a qualitative analysis matching danger and job position’s activities. To prepare this analysis, we analyze the tasks executed by each worker in every position defining the amount of time spent in every simple tasks and correlating them with workplace risks. This qualitative analysis extended to more than 70 different dangers will end up with the correct, and exhaustive, list of risk connected with every single task. We also split risks coming during normal activity from risks coming in special or emergency circumstances. For a medium size Refinery this analysis will identify some thousand of related risk (not yet evaluated).
- Evaluation of residual risks. This analysis, fully quantitative, for every risk connected with any task and for each job position, will evaluate the residual risk, during this analysis we also evaluate the duration and the frequency of every exposition (p.e. both the director and the topping plant operator are exposed to hydrogen sulfide risk because both of them spend time inside the plant dangerous area; their risks differ widely due to the different amounts of time spent inside the area. Of course operator has also additional risks coming from some more specific tasks like drainage, sampling, etc.). In this stage, Eidos also evaluate all the prevention and protection action (and equipment) that are in place to minimize the risk. Eidos prepares a filled card for every risk, every task and every job position. For a medium sized Refinery the number of these cards can be some thousands. Eidos uses international criteria to evaluate each one of the 70+ risks.
- Risk summarization. For every job position Eidos provides a global evaluation of residual risks that is the logical conclusion of all the cards related to a job position. We strongly believe in this phase because otherwise workers safety studies will end up with a lot of “small” risks, each of them evaluated as “light” or “acceptable”. In this way the study completely miss the fact that a worker is exposed to all of them during his shift and a lot of “acceptable” risks may sum up as an “unacceptable” global residual risk. For every job position Eidos prepares a card with the related risks.
- Residual risk evaluation. In this stage Eidos for every job position will evaluate the risk adding the estimate to the job function risks card.
- Improvement plan. Eidos strongly believes that a well-done risk evaluation shall identify reasonable and effective improvements. The fully quantitative analysis, developed in stages 2-4, let us evaluate each improvement.
Of course the aforementioned stages are the technical stages and will be complemented with all the usual ancillaries activities.
Eidos can also provide training to the employees about the results of the study. The training can be supplied in-class, with brochures or with IT system (training kiosks).
Eidos bases its evaluation on international standards, laws and regulation (API, OSHA, EC, HSE UK, etc.) and/or on your corporate guidelines and procedures. We always supply custom tailored consultancy so we are able to cope with your requirements.