Hazardous Area Classification
Eidos provides Hazardous Area Classification for industrial sites using the following standards as references:
- IEC 60079-10-1 “Electrical Apparatus for explosive atmosphere – part 10: Classification of areas – explosive gas atmospheres” 2nd edition expected 26-08-2015
- IEC 60079-10-2 “Electrical Apparatus for explosive atmosphere – part 10: Classification of areas – Combustible dust atmospheres” 2nd edition expected 18-01-2015
- NFPA 70 “National Electrical Code” 2017 edition
- API RP500 “Recommended practice for classification of locations for electrical installation at Petroleum facilities classified as Class I, Division 1 and Division 2”
- API RP505 “Recommended practice for classification of locations for electrical installation at Petroleum facilities classified as Class I Zone 0, Zone 1 and Zone 2”
- NFPA 30 “Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code”
- NFPA 49 “Hazardous Chemical Data”
- NFPA 325 “Guide to fire Hazard Properties of flammable liquids, gases and volatile solids”
- NFPA 497 “Recommended practice for classification of Class I Hazardous Locations” 2017 edition
- IP 15 “Model Code of Safe Practice in the Petroleum Industry – Part 15: Area Classification Code for Petroleum Installation”
- 29 Code of Federal Regulation Part 1910 Subpart H
All the documentation will be fully compliant with Appendix E Point 6 of API RP505 and/or the European Community law.
Eidos has also specific skills in developing Hazardous Area Classification in assistance to engineering firms during the different stages of a new plant/project/site, please refer to Engineering assistance.
In the field of ignition sources, Eidos developed a proprietary method to address this topic covering all the potential sources listed in IEC 1127-1:2011.
Contact Eidos for further information!