Eidos is AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) member which in turn is member of IATF (International Automotive Task Force).
The IATF 16949:2016 is the application of the ISO 9001:2015 to automotive sector. The IATF document describes how to apply FMEA (which is used in the automotive industry since the 90s) within the ambit of the risk management. In particular IATF document refers to FMEA in the following chapters:
- 184.108.40.206 “Product safety”
- 7.2.4 “Second-party auditor competency”
- 220.127.116.11.2 “Engineering specifications”
- 18.104.22.168 “Design and development planning”
- 22.214.171.124 “Special characteristics (design and development inputs)”
- 126.96.36.199 “Design and development outputs”
- 188.8.131.52 “Manufacturing process design output”
- 184.108.40.206 “Control plan (control of production and service provision)”
- 220.127.116.11 “Control of reworked product”
- 18.104.22.168 “Control of repaired product”
- 22.214.171.124 “Monitoring and measurement of manufacturing processes”
- 126.96.36.199 “Identification of statistical tools”
- 10.2.3 “Problem solving”
- 10.2.4 “Error proofing”
- 10.3.1 “Continual improvement”
AIAG and SAE also issued documents, guidelines and standards for the correct implementation of risk management through FMEA (DFMEA / PFMEA), including:
- AIAG “Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) – Reference Manual” 4th edition 2014
- AIAG “Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis for tooling and equipment (Machinery FMEA) – Reference Manual” 2nd edition 2012
- SAE J1739:2009 “Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Design (Design FMEA) and Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Manufacturing and Assembly Process (Process FMEA)”
- ANFIA (Associazione Nazionale Filiera Industria Automobilistica) “FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)” second edition – 1/2007 with errata corrige 12/2014
- SAE J2886:2013 “Design Review Based on Failure Mode (DRBFM)”
- AIAG CQI-24:2014 “Design Review Based on Failure Mode (DRBFM Reference guide)”
- VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie) various documents
On top of all the aforementioned documents seats the international standard IEC 60812:2006 “Analysis techniques for system reliability – Procedure for failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)”.
Eidos is experienced in conducting all the various flavours of FMEA (FMEA/FMECA/DFMEA/PFMEA/MFMEA) and is able to assist you at your Company’ premises. Eidos teams, composed by a Chairman and a Scribe, are equipped with the latest version of Reliasoft XFMEA software.
Furthermore Eidos has experience in the application of AIAG “Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)” 4th edition 2006. PPAP shall apply to internal or external organization sites supplying production parts, service parts, production materials or bulk materials. For the latter PPAP is not mandatory unless specified by customer and has specific requirements (appendix F).